CODE OF CONDUCT FOR CLUB / EVENT OFFICIALS AND VOLUNTEERS
The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarised below. All British Triathlon / Infinity Triathlon Club Officials and Volunteers must:
• Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all athletes, officials and volunteers at all times.
• Treat everyone equally regardless of age, sex, ethnic origin, religion, political persuasion, sexual orientation or physical disability.
• Consider the well being and safety of participants before the development of performance.
• Develop an appropriate working relationship with performers, based on mutual trust and respect.
• Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part
• Promote the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play)
• Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance
• Follow all guidelines laid down by British Triathlon and the Race Organiser or Triathlon Club
• Hold the appropriate, valid qualifications and insurance cover
• Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward
• Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibitive substances
• Encourage performers to value their performances and not just results